A day out at the Falmouth Beaches
Thursday 26th July 2018
The LERRYN AREA MINIBUS ASSOCIATION runs a timetable of weekly trips to Bodmin and monthly trips to Truro and St Austell. In addition, in full consultation with our passengers, we run a programme of "Special Trips".
Our trip in July was to the Falmouth Beaches and once again, we had glorious weather. Our itinerary was as follows:
- Coffee break at Trelissick Gardens near Truro
- Sightseeing: Falmouth Docks (view from Castle Hill) and Pendennis Point
- Lunch at Gyllyngvase Beach
- Walk round the beatifully manicured Queen Mary's Gardens next to the beach (They were opened in 1912 to commemorate the coronation of Queen Mary, the wife of George V.). The hot border was spectacular and the flowers included field poppies of an intense red never seen before, labelled "ladybird poppy"
- Drive past Swanpool beach
- Ice cream break on the beach at Maenporth
Keep watching our timetables on our page of this website for the dates and destinations of our forthcoming Special Trips and book early to avoid disappointment!