The Du Maurier Festival at St Winnow Church
Monday 7th May 2012
Two events will take place in the Church
Monday 14th May 10.30 -11.30 am - Who was St Winnow?
Would you like to know the answers to the following questions?
- Which vicar was the Founder Member of the Royal Cornwall Show?
- What family owned the manor of St Winnow for over three centuries?
- Where would you find a mermaid in the Church?
- Whose wedding was filmed here in the "Poldark" series?
- What does the Latin inscription on the font mean?
- Why is there a copy of a letter from Kind Charles in the church?
- Why was Teignmouth Melville of Ethy awarded the VC?
Why not come down to St Winnow Church at 10.30am on Monday 14th May and explore St Winnow Church with a talk by Frances Stephens as part of the Daphne Du Maurier Festival?
There is no charge but donations for church funds will be much appreciated. Coffee will be served afterwards.
For further details, contact Frances Stephens on 01208 872393
Wednesday 16th May 7.30 - 9.30 pm - The Polperro Fisherman's choir
Their programme includeds old fishermen's songs and hymns as well as modern songs inspired by the sea.
Light refreshments available. Tickets £7.30