Sunday 31st October 2010
The Granary, shown here in the snow of November, 2005, was one of the most popular summer let cottages in Lerryn. Throughout the holiday season, the balcony would be enjoyed by the residents as they watched the tide flow in and out. The river channel runs close to the property and people in boats would exchange cheery waves with those out on the balcony. The property was sold in November, 2006 and, over the last few year, has gradually become a rather forlorn place as it has awaited renovation.
The new owners, Sir John and Lady Frances Sorrell, put in plans to renovate The Granary, and, over the last couple of weeks, the work has started and much of the interior has now been stripped out. It will be interesting to see how the work progresses. It will be good to see The Granary being given a new lease of life.
A photo of The Granary, taken in the 1890's, with a schooner moored in front of it can be seen in the Photo Archive by clicking on the picture below:
Some of the stripped out wood has found its way (legitimately) by boat to Trevor's cottage where plans for his 5th November celebrations seem to be coming along nicely!