Who was St Winnow?
Saturday 14th May 2011
Would you like to know the answers to the following questions?
- Which vicar was the Founder Member of the Royal Cornwall Show?
- What family owned the manor of St Winnow for over three centuries?
- Where would you find a mermaid in the Church?
- Whose wedding was filmed here in the "Poldark" series?
- What does the Latin inscription on the font mean?
- Why is there a copy of a letter from Kind Charles in the church?
- Why was Teignmouth Melville of Ethy awarded the VC?
Why not come down to St Winnow Church at 10.30am on Monday 16th May and explore St Winnow Church with a talk by Frances Stephens as part of the Daphne Du Maurier Festival?
There is no charge but donations for church funds will be much appreciated. Coffee will be served afterwards.
For further details, contact Frances Stephens on 01208 872393