Llama facts quiz
Saturday 28th August 2010
Visitors to the annual Trewether Fete will know that LAMA (Lerryn Area Minibus Association) has a stall and that our main attraction is a llama (sometimes accompanied by her baby) brough by Sue Carter from Lostwithiel. We always appreciate Sue's generous support.
Every year, we run a quiz based on llamas and this year was no exception. We had a llama facts quiz with five multiple choice questions and a tie breaker.
Mr D Lloyd, who won the quiz, generously donated his £5.00 prize to the Alzheimers' Society.
We promised to all those who took part in the quiz that we would publish the answers on the website:
- LLamas are members of the camel family
- They live to be about 20 years old
- Their average birth weigth is 18-35 lbs
- Llamas eat approximately 4 bales of hay per month
- The current population of llamas and alpacas in South America is estimated to be about 7 Million
Tie breaker: a llama is pregnant for 350 days