Lerryn Area Minibus Association (LAMA)
Volunteer drivers take our community minibus from Lerryn via Lostwithiel to local towns, shops, garden centres and places of interest. To use this service you need to be a resident within the Lerryn area and meet the objects of the association as defined below. To demonstrate your eligibility you need to be a registered passenger of our Association, for which there is a simple application procedure. Registration for individuals is free and fares are very modest. A phone call to Andy or Sue on 01208 368393 starts the registration process and books you a place and pick-up point.
LAMA typically runs weekly shopping trips to Bodmin and monthly to Truro and St Austell. The minibus is also used for collecting prescriptions from Lostwithiel surgery for Lerryn residents and for undertaking periodic recreational trips to places of interest and special events.
Under the terms of our permit you must pre-book for each trip.
Local not-for-profit organisations such as the primary school, the Women's Institute, playgroup, church, U3A and theatre club may register as members and hire the minibus for their own activities.
Keep your bus on the road!
Keeping a community bus running is hard work! If you could give some time to helping on the committee, or if you would be interested in joining our team of drivers, please call the Chair, Richard Halliday on 01208 871419.
To keep our minibus on the road, the committee organises a wide range of fundraising events. We are grateful to the residents of Lerryn and District for their generous support in previous events. Do keep an eye out for the posters advertising forthcoming fundraising events on this website as well as around Lerryn and Lostwithiel.
Lerryn Area Minibus Association was formed in 1987 to provide transport services to benefit the Community and is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The aims of LAMA are:
- To assist the work of organisations & bodies engaged in the:
- Relief of poverty, sickness & the disabilities of age.
- The provision of facilities for recreation or other leisure time occupation within the meaning of section 1 of the Recreational Charities Act 1958.
- Any other charitable purposes in the area of Lerryn, St Veep, St Winnow and District.
- When necessary, to relieve poverty, sickness and the disabilities of age.
Under the Transport Act 1985, we are not allowed to carry members of the general public, but under Section 19 of the Act, we are allowed to carry members of LAMA and other particular classes of persons as follows:-
- Class A - members of the body holding the permit.
- Class B - persons whom the body exists to benefit, and persons assisting them.
- Class C - disabled persons (as defined in the Disability Discrimination Act 1995) or persons who are seriously ill and persons assisting them.
- Class D - pupils or students of any school, college, university or other educational establishment and staff or other helpers accompanying them.